The Conflict Early Warning and Early Response Unit (CEWERU) is one of the units within the South Sudan Peace and Reconciliation Commission. South Sudan Peace and Reconciliation Commission is a government Peace building institution tasked with the following:
- Advising and representing the government on matters pertaining to Peace and Reconciliation
- Striving to attain Peaceful Coexistence among all communities.
- Coordinating and overseeing all Peace building efforts in South Sudan.
- Collaborating with other actors to encourage and promote the participation of youth, elders, disable and women in Peace building.
- Developing policies that will support peace and work to promote a culture of peace.
- Working closely with government ministries, commissions and bureaus of government to address urgent conflict situations as well as for establishing conditions for a suitable Peace.
- Participating in plans and programs that promote peace and stability in both national and international fora.
- Putting in Peace programs and work in collaboration with regional and international Peace partners.
- Promoting the culture of Peace through media and other means that promote peace.